Friday 12 April 2013

Question Two... How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Question Two ... 

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?







I have attempted to mimic the Florence and the Machine album art for her Album "Lungs" (Between Two Lungs).Where the Florence and the Machine album has a recurring theme of blue, I have decided to enforce a theme of pink as it was suggested that the message within the music video conveys "girl power" and pink is a stereotypical girl's colour.
Shown above is my magazine poster and my album art for the album "Happiness". As you can see, I have used the same image of my artist to identify the theme of the album and establish this as the image of the artist, much like the original singer of the song that I have chosen; who defined her image through a consistent style of the album.
I have effectively linked the costume that my artist is wearing in the album cover and advertisement (blue flowery dress) into my music video several times (screen shots below). I have featured my artist in the brightly coloured dress in scenes of happiness or joy which is an effective technique as it makes the target audience associate the joyfulness of the artist wearing the dress with the album title "Happiness" as well as wearing the dress in the album cover and advertisement shows positive connotations, making me able to easily market this towards my target audience as it all links to the central theme of happiness.










My Final 6 flap digipak




















By arranging these images into a digipak template I have enabled to view what my artwork would look like as if it were a real album digipak.

I have a constant theme on the inside from the field setting and on the outside. Whereas on the outside I have chosen the magical and girly theme which was shot using fairy lights, cushions and the rose.





I have taken inspiration from the album, Between Two Lungs (of which my chosen song features) to design my own CD covers. These two Florence and the Machine CD covers are plain and simple yet effective as they include legal information, artist, album, and disk numbers which the retro colour selection used.






Video and Album Cover by AlxC on GoAnimate

Animated Presentations - Powered by GoAnimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment