Friday 12 April 2013

Question Three... What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

Question Three... 

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?



Through my first part of audience feedback I have established that the fast paced editing is appealing to the target audience. This then inspired me to keep up with the fast paced editing throughout the drafting process; making sure that I kept in time to the upbeat and joyful tone of the music.


This effect wasn't in my original plans, I originally intended to edit Blue to the side of the screen on the phone so show who Sofie was talking to. Then I decided to have the lyrics in the blank space next to her but a friend said the non-diegetic lyrics looked out of place, instead I was given some audience feedback from another friend whilst showing her that I was struggling to put something in the blank space.


She suggested that I fade some footage of Blue that I had captured previously, one of Blue walking and one of him sitting at a table, these add to the effect that although she's thinking about Blue her thoughts are fading away because she is getting over him.

How I did this effect was similar to the symmetrical drinking effect where I had the original base footage of Sofie on the phone, then put Blue's footage over it. I then put a linear wipe on around 50% of the footage of Blue and feathered it to 90% to make the wipe smoother, then I set that footage to less exposure, giving the fading effect.



I put my final edit on Facebook for my friends to like, comment and share in order to get a more accurate audience feedback.








Two of my friends who are within my target audience have shared it and liked it, and said that it looks very professional and effective.
Someone I know who is older than my target audience has taken an interest in it too showing that I have exceeded my target audience as it is appealing to all ages. This will go in my favour if I went on to market this video further as it would attract more people to purchase it.





These are just a few of my friends who liked my video, I even had a few phone calls explaining that they enjoyed watching it.




Sofie Scholten - Star of my video
She confirms my aims of having an understanding of the story.
 Sofie talks about the effect used towards the end of the music video where I used a matrox shine and a CMY flare to manipulate the the lighting  used.




Amy Wright and Liv Bucknall
They admired the effects I used from a creative point of view.
Especially this "rainbow" effect, as Amy describes it.




Sydney Baggaley -
She understood the story which was a key thing that I wanted all the people who watched it to understand and relate to.
Reassures me that it's a feelgood song and oozes happiness which is how I wanted it to come across. She also enjoys the slow motion effect where I changed the speed rate of the shot which is a powerful show motion shot as it emphasises the happiness state that he is in now and overcoming that the artist has gone though.





Blue Stephenson -
Adds that filming was very organised and good fun.
Same as Sofie, liked the light exposure effect with the little sparkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment